Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Well, if I had to make a guess about what the doctor would say today, for some reason I would've guessed I was dilated 4 cm. It still really shocked me when I found out it was true! Before the exam, she jokingly asked if this baby was gonna wait until June 1st. I said. "Everyone is betting against us." After checking me, she said she agreed.


I really respect Dr. O'Nan and the extra-cautious approach she took with Adam. After doing an ultrasound, she said I am a good candidate for a VBAC but that she'd never push a decision on anyone. I never thought I'd want anything but a C-section this time, but Levi is only about 6 lbs. 7 oz. & I am already progressing well, so at this point, I think I would go ahead and have a VBAC if I start having regular contractions or my water breaks.

It is so weird not knowing what those contraction pains are going to feel like, yet knowing that they could come at any time. Of course, I may not go into labor for 2 more weeks. Who knows?

Levi's car seat is in the car & his bag (along with most of my things) are on the dining room table, so I guess we are about as ready as we are going to get. Now we wait and see what happens.

2 comments :

Leah said...

Wow, April! The BIG DAY will be here soon! :) Take care of yourself!

Wool Winder said...

The wait is almost over!
~Tracy